Dr. Reut Yael Paz
Postdoc im Teilprojekt A04 — Kollektive Sicherheit
|Since 2014||Postdoc in SFB/TRR 138 Dynamics of Securitization for the project Collective Securitization (with Prof. Dr. Thilo Marauhn)|
|Senior Research Fellow of the Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change, Berlin, Germany|
|Since 2009||Affiliated Research Fellow at the Erik Castrén Institute of International Law and Human Rights, (University of Helsinki, Finland)|
|Post-Doctoral Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the Faculty of Law, the Humboldt University Berlin, Germany|
|Researcher at the Concord - Amicus Curiae Clinic Research Centre for Integration of International Law in Israel|
|Public International Law Lectureship, the Haim Striks Law School at the College of Management School of Law, Rishon-Le’Zion, Israel|
|Doctoral Researcher, Radzyner School of Law, Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzelia, Israel|
|Social Sciences Research Methods Lectureship, Faculty of Political Science, University of Bar Ilan, Israel|
|Researcher, FinnEkvit Association: Civic Association for Communicational and Cultural studies across Europe, Helsinki, Finland|
|PhD||Bar-Ilan University (Israel in co-operation with the Faculty of Law, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany and the Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki, Finland)|
|LL.M||Law Faculty: University of Helsinki, Finland|
|MA||Political Science Faculty: University of Helsinki, Finland|
|BA||Law and Political Science Faculties: University of Helsinki, Finland|
Academic Research Interests
- The history of international law/relations; European legal history
- international environmental law
- feminism and international law/relations
- the intersection between international politics and international law
- the epistemology of IR theories, international legal theory
- third world approaches to international law (TWAIL)
- the sociology of international law and the religious images of international law/relations.
Academic Honours and Grants
|PhD Presidential Excellency Scholarship awarded by the Bar-Ilan University, Israel|
|Study Scholarship awarded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) The Humboldt University Berlin: Law Faculty (PhD)|
|Study Scholarship awarded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) The Simon Dubnow Institute for Jewish History and Culture at the University of Leipzig (PhD)|
|Study Scholarship awarded by Finnish Government (CIMO)|
Monographs and Articles
- A Gateway Between a Distant God & a Cruel World: The Contribution of Jewish German Scholars to International Law. Brill: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers (2012).
- Religion, Secularism and International Law in Oxford Handbook of International Legal Theory, Eds. Anne Orford and Florian Hofmann, forthcoming.
- Kelsen’s Pure Theory of Law as “a Hole in Time”/ La Théorie pure du droit de Hans Kelsen comme « un trou dans le temps » in Monde(s) n°7 Juristes, forthcoming.
- A Forgotten Kelsenian? The Story of Helen Silving-Ryu (1906-1993),
/EJIL/: /The European Journal of International Law, vol. 25: No. 4, 2015./
- The Cologne Circumcision Judgment: A Blow Against Liberal Legal Pluralism? In: Verfassungsblog, on Matters Constitutional, Recht/Kontext, Wissensschaftskolleg zu Berlin, available at: http://verfassungsblog.de/cologne-circumcision-judgment-blow-liberal-legal-pluralism/
See also an interview in Haaretz: http://www.haaretz.co.il/magazine/1.1817639
- Making it Whole: Hersch Lauterpacht and the Rabbinical Approach to International Law, in: Goettingen Journal of International Law 4 (2012) 2, 417-445: http://www.gojil.eu/issues/42/42_article_paz.pdf and in Alexandra Kemmerer (ed.), Transmigrations. Jewish International Lawyers between Law and Politics, (Oxford and Portland: Hart, 2011), Forthcoming.
- Between the ‘Public’ and the ‘Private’: A Review Essay on Elihu Lauterpacht. The Life of Sir Hersch Lauterpacht, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010. The European Journal of International Law, Issue Vol. 22 (2011) No. 3. Available at http://ejil.oxfordjournals.org/content/22/3/863.abstract
- Review Essay–Erich K. Before the Law: Reflections on Degenhardt’s Study of Erich Kaufmann, 11 German Law Journal, 439-456 (2010). Available at http://www.germanlawjournal.com/index.php?pageID=11&artID=1248)
- German Jewish women, International Law & Global Consciousness, in: Karin Gottschalk (ed.), Gender Difference in European Legal Culture: Historical Perspectives, (Germany: Kart, 2010)